02 Jun, 2023. 18:00H
Ciudad de Buenos Aires, Ciudad de Buenos Aires
Subcribe to back in stock notification
Argentinos Juniors vs Platense
Ciudad de Buenos Aires, Ciudad de Buenos Aires
**THIS GAME REQUIRES A MINIMUM OF 3 GUESTS TO GO AHEAD**
Diego Maradona's home is Argentinos Juniors. Having raised the greatest football player of all times is an unexplainable honour that every Bicho fan holds symbolically in his trophycase and in their hearts. The experience in the stadium named after Diego is not only footballistic, but also spiritual, as Maradona's memory is in every corner of La Paternal neighbourhood.
Where we'll meet - Our group will meet in Palermo and travel to La Paternal, in the heart of Buenos Aires. Your bilingual guides will explain the context of Argentine football, the day’s game and Argentinos Junior's history, including every Maradona detail there is to know. More importantly, they’ll let you know exactly what you need to do and be aware of to be one of the lucky few to gain entry into the 26.000 capacity stadium.
The Build-Up - We’ll do the previa (pre-match) at a local bar or in the streets of the La Paternal neighbourhood, mingling with other fans and learning their traditions, especially how to do the correct wrist-flick for our agite and how to prepare a Fernet&Coca viajero. La Paternal is a calm, residential area and Argentinos fans are very rooted to their neighbourhood. Your guide will accompany you in reduced groups (6-8 pax) to the correct entrance gate, through the squeeze of security controls and police checkpoints, and finally into the ground.
The Match - Through the turnstiles and up the stairs - the Diego Maradona stadium is one of the few primera clubs that has only 3 terraces instead of 4. The visibility of the game is excellent, being close enough to the barrabravas supporters to learn the cheering songs and even to the players for those more daring that want their loving messages to be heard.
The Come-Down - The game is over but memories are forever. You’ll head back to the avenue and grab a bus or taxi with your guide, making sure you get back home safely.
- Beer/soft drink, and a burger/choripan 🍺🍔
- Match Ticket 🎟
Experience Bilingual Guide - to translate, answer your questions and keep everyone safe 😀
This experience includes public transportation.
What you need
- National Photo ID (not a copy/screenshot)
- Very casual clothing and comfortable footwear for walking/standing (dress-down!)
- Coats/jackets for the cold/rain
- You can bring your phone to take pictures
- Leave your valuables at home and travel light - no handbags, make-up, power banks, water bottles, lighters, umbrellas… these will be confiscated
- Some cash if you want to buy something extra as credit cards are not often accepted
- Your psyched-up self, it will be intense!
Important to know
- For some clubs, tickets are very hard to come by and are available exclusively to members, to sponsors, or can only be found through various levels of re-sale. For others, tickets are available but can only be bought in-person, with local ID/bank cards, or through various other inventive ways of wasting your time. We will make sure to find tickets for you and guarantee their authenticity.
- The access to the stadium is filled with different controls and security checks in which police and fans get mixed up, sometimes creating tension. Our expert guides have navigated these sites dozens of times, know the ins and outs, and can anticipate and handle these situations so you don’t have to.
- Many football fans in Argentina are not used to seeing tourists and barely speak English. In a way, this is what makes our experience truly authentic, and we will help with Spanish so no language barriers affect your match-day.
- Many supporters will appreciate it if you show your support through your clothing, by wearing the club's merchandise like a shirt, beanie, jacket, etc. Dressing with the club colours will be fine, but if you want a jersey make sure to take a look at our store.
- Football in Argentina is an amazing subculture. Our expert guide will let you know everything you need about the context of the game, the history of the clubs, the traditional pre-game rituals, the meaning of the songs you will hear, the significance of the flags and symbols, and more.
- The chaos and unpredictability in Argentine football are what makes it uniquely beautiful, and uniquely frustrating. The League often decides fixtures at the last moment, and changes can happen late on also. If this is the case, we will let you know in advance for you to make a decision according to your availability.