Ciudad de Buenos Aires, Ciudad de Buenos Aires
Libertadores de América
Subcribe to back in stock notification
Independiente at the Libertadores de América
Ciudad de Buenos Aires, Ciudad de Buenos Aires
**PLEASE NOTE, THE FIXTURES FOR 2023 , (EXACT TIMES AND DATES), ARE ONLY ANNOUNCED AT THE START OF EACH MONTH**
The King of Cups. Independiente has been leading the ranking of Libertadores Cups - the most prestigious continental tournament - since the 70s, with an undefeated amount of 7 trophies. They definitely have the mystique: that extra special thing that puts them on the top just for wearing the red shirt. Avellaneda’s Diablos Rojos are one of the big 5 in Buenos Aires and their people will make you feel the heat.
Where we'll meet - Our group will meet in Plaza de Mayo or San Telmo neighbourhood. Your bilingual guides will explain the context of Argentine football, the day’s game and Independiente’s history. More importantly, they’ll let you know exactly what you need to do and be aware of to be one of the lucky few to gain entry into the Libertadores de América stadium.
The Build-Up - Independiente’s stadium is located in Avellaneda, only a few meters away from their arch-rival’s Racing. We’ll grab a choripán at the traditional food trucks next to the stadium and a beer at a nearby bar, mingling with el Rojo fans and learning their traditions, especially how to do the correct wrist-flick for our agite. Your guide will accompany you in reduced groups (6-8 pax) to the correct entrance gate, through the squeeze of security controls and police checkpoints, and finally into the ground.
The match - Through the turnstiles and up the stairs - the Libertadores de América stadium is perhaps one of the newest stadiums in the country, being built on top of the old Doble Visera. The view is unbeatable, and you’ll have fans cheering for Independiente even in the stairs and side blocks.
The Come-Down - The inevitable adrenaline crash after the ecstasy, streaming out of the exits and away from Avellaneda. Walking the streets and talking about the game’s highlights. You’ll head back to a secure spot and your guide will assist in pointing you in the right direction to get back home safely or grab a bus/taxi together back to the city.
- Beer/soft drink, and a burger/choripan 🍺🍔
- Match Ticket 🎟
Experience Bilingual Guide - to translate, answer your questions and keep everyone safe 😀
This experience includes public transportation.
What you need
- National Photo ID (not a copy/screenshot)
- Very casual clothing and comfortable footwear for walking/standing (dress-down!)
- Coats/jackets for the cold/rain
- You can bring your phone to take pictures
- Leave your valuables at home and travel light - no handbags, make-up, power banks, water bottles, lighters, umbrellas… these will be confiscated
- Some cash if you want to buy something extra as credit cards are not often accepted
- Your psyched-up self, it will be intense!
Important to know
- For some clubs, tickets are very hard to come by and are available exclusively to members, to sponsors, or can only be found through various levels of re-sale. For others, tickets are available but can only be bought in-person, with local ID/bank cards, or through various other inventive ways of wasting your time. We will make sure to find tickets for you and guarantee their authenticity.
- The access to the stadium is filled with different controls and security checks in which police and fans get mixed up, sometimes creating tension. Our expert guides have navigated these sites dozens of times, know the ins and outs, and can anticipate and handle these situations so you don’t have to.
- Many football fans in Argentina are not used to seeing tourists and barely speak English. In a way, this is what makes our experience truly authentic, and we will help with Spanish so no language barriers affect your match-day.
- Many supporters will appreciate it if you show your support through your clothing, by wearing the club's merchandise like a shirt, beanie, jacket, etc. Dressing with the club colours will be fine, but if you want a jersey make sure to take a look at our store.
- Football in Argentina is an amazing subculture. Our expert guide will let you know everything you need about the context of the game, the history of the clubs, the traditional pre-game rituals, the meaning of the songs you will hear, the significance of the flags and symbols, and more.
- The chaos and unpredictability in Argentine football are what makes it uniquely beautiful, and uniquely frustrating. The League often decides fixtures at the last moment, and changes can happen late on also. If this is the case, we will let you know in advance for you to make a decision according to your availability.